Saturday, September 6, 2008

Alumni Spotlight: Jonathan Alexander

What years were you active in Alpha Pi?
I pledged in the Fall of 2003 and graduated in May 2007.

Which positions did you hold in the chapter?
On the Executive Board, I served as Lieutenant Master, Master, and Sentinel.

One funny AEPi story from your time at college:
There are so many but one that sticks out to me was during my freshman year, one of my pledge brother's pledge name was Screech from Saved By The Bell. He hated the name and one day after he became a brother he walked into a room of a bunch of us. We said "Hey Screech, what's up?" He replied with "Stop calling me that, I really hate that name." Without missing a beat, the Lt. Master at the time said "Fine, you're Boner." The name is still with him today.

One piece of advice for undergraduate brothers:
Work hard to be the best brother you can be. If you don't always recall what it means to be a brother, go and read the ritual manual when you have a few minutes. There is a lot of good information in there that you don't always remember. Additionally, don't set limits for yourself. Strive to constantly raise the bar. This applies in school, in the fraternity and in life in general.

How has AEPi helped you since graduating?
AEPi landed me my first job which was working for the fraternity at it's international headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. It was a great experience in which I learned a lot about the fraternity as a whole. The things I learned will also help me act in an advisory role for whichever chapters I work with since I have been exposed to so many other chapters from all over the country.

What do you do now professionally?
I will be going back to school in the Fall to pursue a career in dentistry.

Married? Kids?
Single

Which brothers have you most stayed in touch with?
I am a recent graduate so I am still close with many brothers including some undergrads. I couldn't narrow it down to a few but I am close with at least 15 guys from my time.

If brothers want to contact you, how can they?
Brothers can contact me via email at jaaepi@gmail.com. That would definitely be the most efficient way.

Pictures: Above-(L-R) Matt Raisman (Class of 2007), Jonathan Alexander, and Marc Bodinger (Class of 2007) as undergrads. Below-(L-R) Marc Prine (Class of 2008), Rabbi Shalom Denbo, and Jonathan Alexander in Israel this previous summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just want to make sure I (Zach Gabrielski) take proper credit for renaming "Screech" with the nickname "Boner" that has surprisingly lasted to this day. It those little moments that made college worthwhile.