Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Alumni Spotlight: Jeff Graber

We are beginning a series of Alumni Spotlights. Different alumni from various years in Alpha Pi's history are going to be asked questions on different subjects. If anyone would like to be "spotlighted" email aepi@temple.edu. Our first alumni spotlight is none other than the legendary Jeff Graber. Coming soon: Jeff Silverman.

What year did you pledge AEPi?
I was a Refounding Father in 1979 with 19 other guys.

What positions did you hold in the chapter?
I served as Exchequer for two years.

Did you have any nicknames while in the chapter?
Brother Grabes and Graby Baby

What do you do professionally now?
I do different things. I own Graber Tax & Financial Services, which offers business accounting services and financial planning. I'm also an adjunct college professor and real estate investor.

How did your experience in AEPi help you later in life?
As the Exchequer of Alpha Pi for two years, I gained experience and confidence in managing a budget. I utilized this knowledge in my accounting and financial positions, working for mostly computer companies as a controller.

You were a Refounding Father in 1979. What was special about this experience?
I was part of a group of individuals who learned the meaning of brotherhood and the history of Alpha Epsilon Pi. It was a wonderful, memorable experience that will stay with me the rest of my life.

What advice would you want to give your undergraduate brothers today?
First of all, know that brotherhood is for life. After you graduate and seek out where you "fit in" in this world, you will take many paths. No matter what kind of work you do, or however far away you eventually settle down, you will always have the bond of brotherhood that keeps you in touch with your brothers (in mind and in spirit). You will appreciate the friendships you have today and attend your closest brothers' happy and not-so-happy occasions. Secondly, be active in the fraternity and give of yourself---your time and your effort. You will be rewarded for this the rest of your life, both personally and professionally.

Are you married? Kids?
I am married to my lovely wife Karen, we have two children.

If brothers want to contact you, how can they do so?
They can email me at jkgraber@aol.com. I currently live in West Chester, PA.

Pictures: Above right-Jeff today. Above left-Jeff at an AEPi formal in 1983. Below-Jeff and Karen, who were dating at the time, at an AEPi formal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! thank you for posting, I've bookmarked this for future reference.

ADD URL or BLOG to 6,000+ Websites for FREE

Britt (Pesach) said...

check out the formal picture with jeff & karen: someone behind graby baby had a GIGANTIC date that year! hahah.

AEPi @ Temple University said...

That is Phil Morgenstein's date